Moving towards the problem and solutions of iOS 7, we have listed some more problems that usually users find while or after updating iOS in their device.
Problem 1: Unable to send text messages
After the iOS 7 updating, some users are not able to send messages due to many reasons.
Workaround: It is advisable to tap and hold on the message and then select “Send as text message.”
- If you are finding such issue in iMessage, then this is because of iOS 7 that turn send as SMS option off by default. In such case, you have to go to Settings >> Messages and turn Send as SMS on. This step will also work, if you are trying the steps listed under Bug: iMessage or FaceTime are not working.
- If you are finding such issue while sending texts to other types of phone then the problem is with recipient’s registration with Apple, or has another Apple device.
- It is advisable to check if they used to own an iPhone that they never de-registered, or if they used their SIM card in an iPhone previously.
Problem 2: Speaker Is Not Working
After updating device with iOS 7, people are finding problems with the speakers on Apple devices. Many users report that audio is only gone when playing media while some get no audio from the speaker and some will find problem in headphones. In such case, users have to check some settings before contacting Apple.
- If you are finding problem with iPad, then try toggling the side switch. It is also advisable to check Settings >> General >> Use Side Switch To and see if it is set to Mute.
- Furthermore, you have to check Settings >> General >> Accessibility >> Mono Audio and make sure it’s off.
- Now, get ready to reboot your device by pressing and holding Sleep/Wake button and the Home button.
- After that restore your device. Put this link to the Phrase “restore your device“:
- It is also noted that problem in handsets also occur due to problem in port. In this case, you can contact Apple store
Problem 3: Can’t Able to download app updates
Many people also facing problem in download app updates after the iOS 7 upgrade as multiple apps displaying that updates are available, but don’t start. This problem can be resolved by turning Wi-Fi off and on again or connecting with iTunes. Other than this, you can also try:
- Go to Settings >> iTunes & App Store and tap on your Apple ID, then hit on Sign Out. After that, double tap the Home button and swipe up any problem apps to reboot the iPhone and login back in to iTunes to order to try the update again.
- If it doesn’t work, then go to Settings >> General >> Usage and select the problem apps. Then, delete them and reboot the device, and try again to download them.
Problem 4: Media controls Is Not Working
Many users are finding problem in media controls in the Control Center and also the Lock Screen are not working properly after updating device. It would be easy to fix such problem.
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you find “slide to power off” option on your screen. Now put off the device and restart again by holding the Sleep/Wake button until you will find the Apple logo on your screen.
Problem 5: Camera is not working
If you are finding problem in front-facing camera or your main rear-facing camera after updating then you are not along. Some users have found that their cameras are freezing or refuse to load while some complaining about the front-facing camera extremely fuzzy. Let’s try to fix the problem:
First of all, you have to close the camera application and double tap the Home button and swipe the camera app up to close it completely. After that, you have to reboot your iPhone and load the camera app again. This will work in cases; if not then find solution below.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Restrictions and make sure Allow: Camera is on.
- See that any application creates problem then remove it and fix your camera. It is also advisable to remove third-party apps one-by-one then reboot the iPhone, and lastly, test the camera
- If anything doesn’t work then take your phone into an Apple Store and get replacement, if it is under warranty
Problem 6: Getting someone else’s contacts and messages
After updating your device, some users receive messages and contacts that belong to another family member. This maybe you both are using same Apple ID. It would be best to create a new Apple ID for you.
- To solve this problem, you have to follow some steps, first go to Settings >> Messages >> Send & Receive and choose any number or email ID that don’t want to sharing message with you. Other thing you can do is change your Apple ID.
- If you are getting contact then it is because of sharing iCloud. For that, you have to go to Settings >> iCloud and choose Delete Account and then Keep on My iPhone. After that, use new Apple ID for setting up a new iCloud account.
Problem 7: Cable or Charger won’t work
With this update, Apple doesn’t allow support for third-party cables, chargers and many unlicensed. That result in users is getting the pop-up message on their screen “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.” For that, you can try a workaround.
Plug the cable into your computer or charger into the wall and then plug the other end into your iPhone. Now, dismiss the warning and your iPhone. It’s time to unplug the cable with the screen on and plug it back in again. This time you will see warning, you have to dismiss that and see your phone is charging now.
Purchase a cable that’s licensed and portion of Apple’s MFi program. Generally, they have the “Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad” logo on them.
These are some more problem and solutions from our side, if your problem is not listed here then wait for our last part of this article.